More Adult Party Game Ideas: Simple But Wacky
These adult party game ideas are the perfect icebreaker for any party or birthday.
Here you’ll find ten new games, which are easy for you to set up. You won’t needing anything other than a large space to play.
For any running games, make sure to remove obstacles that could trip up players – like side tables, floor plants, slippery rugs. Lock away any sharp objects and cables.
Need to loosen up your party people first?
Icebreakers will do the trick. Here are 6 activities to try.
For groups of 6-10, these icebreakers for small groups are for you.
Empty a bag of Maltesers (chocolate candy) into a bowl and place in the middle of the table. Give each player a straw and have them sit around it.
Each player now has 30 seconds each to use their straw to suck and transport their Malteser from the bowl to their hand.
The player with the most wins.
Here’s a fun example of team adult party ideas.
Before playing, write down a list of 15-20 everyday life scenarios. E.g. Marriage proposal, tread in dog doo, miss the bus.
- Break everyone equally into Teams A and B. Everyone in Team A leaves the room, bar one person. Team B will be the audience
- Quickly show one of your life scenarios to the member of Team A. After 10 seconds, a 2nd member of their team returns
- Teammate 1 now acts out a clue to help Teammate 2 guess the scenario – using only mime. After 10 seconds have passed, a 3rd member of Team A returns. Teammate 2 now acts out what they think the scenario is. And so on
- The last person of Team A then makes the final guess. Once done, Team B takes their turn.
Split everyone into two even teams. On ‘Go’, the first player of each picks up an ice cube and tries to melt it as quickly as they can. They can rub it between their hands or their clothes – but what they can’t do is put it in their mouths, stamp on it or use any equipment on it (e.g. a lighter).
No one is allowed keep a cube for more than a few seconds, so make sure the cubes are being passed between players.
First team to melt the cube (or tray of cubes) wins.
Sing Song Ping Pong
Decide early on what type of songs to use. Decide who goes first, with that person singing a line of a song (preferably the chorus, always easier).
The rest of the group then think of another song featuring any of the words currently being sung.
For example, “Whoa-oh, we’re living on a prayer” (Bon Jovi)…
The next song sung could be “When you call my name, it’s like a little PRAYER” (Madonna)…
With the song to follow that “Even on my weakest days, I get a LITTLE bit stronger” (Sara Evans)
Players get a point each, for each correct connecting word. Round out these adult party game ideas with a singalong.
Who Is It?
Stand in a circle. Blindfold a guest and have them stand in the middle.
- On ‘Go!’, they must reach out to the circle, and asks “who is it?”
- The first person they nab must answer, only in a weird voice
- If the blindfolded one guesses who this person is, the players swap for a new round
But if they guess incorrectly? The game continues until someone is caught.
Pass the Orange
The most well known of adult party game ideas here. You’ll need two oranges and plenty of space.
- Break into two lines, each with varying head heights. The first players are given an orange to hold between their chin and neck
- On ‘Go!’, the orange is passed down each respective line, from the chin of one person to the chin of their teammate
- No hands are allowed to touch the orange during its passage. Unless it drops. In this case, the orange is passed back to the first player and their whole line starts again.
- To win, the last player with the orange must transfer it back to the first, via their chin.
You also can play with 4 smaller teams. Run this game as before, with the fastest team winning. You can also play as a circle.
Also, try playing with odd-shaped vegetables – like turnips, avocados and aubergines.
For the Forehead version of this game, check here.
Unlike regular volleyball, using a balloon means you can play indoors without risk to furniture (or people). You can also play by sitting on the floor.
String up a net (with rope or a long bedsheet), and divide into two equal teams.
- Start the game, by instructing the first team with the balloon to hit it across the net to the next team. The other team then hits it back
- If a team fails to hit the balloon, or the balloon hits the floor – the opposite team scores a point
- Set a time limit for each round.
The team with the highest score in a given series of rounds wins.
For extra mess, fill the balloon with shaving cream. But play outside.
Stand everyone in a circle, and nominate someone to start the dance chain. They do this, by making a simple dance move.
Such as? Waving their hands in the air. Or kick out a leg. Or jumping once.
Keep the move simple, as everyone else will need to copy it.
- The player to their left then leads the circle, by repeating the move
- Once the entire circle has done it, this new player repeats the move, before adding their own
- The player to their left then leads the circle with the new move, and so on.
Keep the whole thing going, until an entire dance routine has been created. The game ends with the whole circle performing the routine together.
Like Charades Relay, this game involves acting out life scenarios. This time, tailor them to be specific to your life.
For example – someone who loves the bar scene; or who works in a busy office; or who goes to the gym every day. Write out two identical lists.
- Tear each list into strips, with each list getting a bowl
- Split everyone into two even teams. Players take it in turns to act out a scenario for their group to guess
- The fastest team to complete the list wins.
Get everyone seated round a table or in a circle.
- Players take it in turns to say “Ha”, “Ho” or “Hee”. Anyone who starts laughing is knocked out of the game
- Keep going until everyone’s out
The person who keeps a straight face the longest wins a prize.