These clean adult party games are a great compliment to any party.
Safe for audiences, crazy, guaranteed to make your guests laugh.
These adult party games are also more fun. There’s no being self-conscious here or wondering if everyone’s feeling comfortable.
Where else in life do you get the chance to play Sleeping Bag Sumo?
Here are 7 clean adult party games to power up your party.
Blind Man Walking
Before playing, fill different parts of your house with balloons.
Blindfold your first player, then spin them three times on the spot. Give them a pin to hold.
- Now, by following the instructions of the other players, they have two minutes to pop as many balloons as possible.
- Keep an eye on your blindfolded player, so they don’t trip or bang into anything.
- You can also play this game with two blind men walking.
- For this version, you’ll need everyone split into two even teams.
Frozen T-Shirt Competition
Give your your t-shirts a good soak the day before, by freezing them overnight.
To make them harder to use with, fold your t-shirt or tie it into a ball before soaking. Plus, the more water in your t-shirt, the harder it’ll be to wear.
- A couple of hours before the game, retrieve your frozen t-shirts.
- Line up your players, placing a t-shirt in front of each one.
- On ‘Go!’, players race to be the first to put theirs on.
This is great fun for the summer – but avoid it as a winter game.
Draw to Score
You’ll need sheets of paper, pens and a large space to play.
Before you play, write out a list of topics for people to draw. E.g. Pop culture, food, travel, sport. Then make a list of items within each topic.
Everyone splits into two or more even teams. Each team gets their own referee and corner of the room.
- On ‘Go’, the first player of each runs to you for a word from your list.
- Make sure you give them the same word.
- Returning to their team, they must draw it for people to guess.
- When guessed correctly, the next player runs to you for the next word.
As it’s a drawing game, players can only draw.
That means no speaking or writing of words is allowed. If players do either, the referee for their team deducts points accordingly.
The team with the most points wins.
Out of these clean adult party games, this one involves acting, which I love.
Grab a hat, slips of paper, pencils, wine and an empty glass, before playing.
Each person now writes out one task (three in total) they’d like one of the others to perform.
Tasks can be outrageous, silly or mundane and should not require props.
Jumble the papers in the hat.
- One at a time, each player takes their turn.
- They sip the wine, then pull a task from the hat.
- Everyone else needs to guess what they’re doing.
- Some tasks I’ve done at parties: Become a snail / Trying to quiet down talking people while at the movies / Pretend you’re a traffic warden.
Why not ask a group of people to perform a task together – like ‘Do a Mexican wave’.
Man, Monkey, Woman
This is the Rock/scissors/paper game, only on a giant scale. Players use their gestures to express the poses of man, monkey and woman. There are three poses for each:
- Man – flexing muscles
- Monkey – eating bananas
- Woman – walking on a catwalk
Let your players know Man beats Monkey, Monkey beats Woman, Woman beats Man.
Now divide into two equal lines. Each line has its own referee, with one player from each facing the first person in the queue.
- On ‘Go!’, each first player takes a pose.
- The person opposite is given three seconds to respond.
- Whoever wins that round stays and a new second player chosen.
Continue playing until only one winner is left for each team. Then pit these two against each other. Last player left wins.
Empty a bag of Maltesers into a bowl. Give everyone a straw and have them seated around the bowl. Each person now gets 30 seconds to transfer as many Maltesers as they can to their hand. Whoever gets the most wins.
Sleeping Bag Sumo
To play, everyone will need a sleeping bag and a pillow. Have your players standing up in their sleeping bag.
On ‘Go’, players grab their pillows and try to knock each other. If a player is knocked over, they’re out. Last player standing is your super sumo.