Add this Fathers Day trivia quiz to your celebration – and you’ll be playing a fun game.
Father figures (both real and surrogate) abound in fiction – from movies to television to books.
From Darth Vader slicing off his son’s hand to Thomas Wayne dying so his son could become Batman – these “people" have become embedded in our everyday culture.
With that in mind, this Fathers Day trivia quiz is part celebration of dads everywhere, part geekfest.
You can also play this game as part of a bigger quiz show night, by combining it with other trivia games on Partycurrent.
Need a downloadable version of this trivia quiz?
Click here for your PDF copy of this Fathers Day trivia quiz.
Here are your Fathers Day trivia questions.
1. In the Star Trek spin-off, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, what was the name of Captain Sisko’s son?
2. Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird) not only had two kids, he had to deal with a town of angry folks. What was his job?
3. Which one of these was the daughter of Cliff Huxtable (the dad from The Cosby Show)?
4. Wally West loved his two kids and wife, and was a superhero by day. What was his superhero name?
a. Green Hornet
b. Ant Man
c. The Flash
5. How many daughters did Charles Ingalls have in Little House on the Prairie?
6. George Banks was the dad in the musical Mary Poppins. Which one of these songs did the character sing (as the lead vocalist)?
a. Feed the Birds
b. The Life I Lead
c. I Love to Laugh
d. Step in Time
7. Lois Griffin is married to who, in the animated sitcom Family Guy?
a. Peter Griffin
b. Chris Griffin
c. Mickey Griffin
d. Francis Griffin
8. Which of the following is not a surrogate father figure in their respective TV show?
a. Rupert Giles, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
b. Sandy Cohen, The OC
c. Andrew Martin, Ringer
d. Luke Danes, Gilmore Girls
9. Jack Gladney, the father from the book White Noise, was an expert in what?
a. Ethical hacking
b. The phallus
c. Sociology of fame
d. Hitler studies
10. Arthur Weasley, father of Ron, belonged to which house, during his time at Hogwart’s?
11. Mr Incredible worked briefly as a claims adjuster. What kind of claims do claims adjusters investigate?
12. The surrogate father, George, in the movie Erin Brockovich, enjoyed doing what as his pastime?
13. What’s the name of She-Ra’s father?
14. Indiana Jones’ dad was obsessed with finding what?
a. The Holy Scriptures
b. The Holy Grail
c. The Holy Cross
d. The Holy Temple
15. George Francisco, father of two, wasn’t human. Which TV show did he appear in?
a. Alien Nation
b. The Outer Limits
d. Space: Above and Beyond
16. Gomez Addams had three kids, one of them was called Wednesday. What was her middle name?
17. Which fictional father said the following line about his kid:
“Janie’s a typical teenager. Angry, insecure, confused. I wish I could tell her that’s all going to pass, but I don’t want to lie to her"
a. Edward Bloom, Big Fish
b. Lester Burnham, American Beauty
c. Michael Sullivan, Road to Perdition
d. Steve Zissou, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
18. Bill Treacher played which famous father in the British soap opera Eastenders?
a. Peter Beale
b. Liam Butcher
c. Jack Branning
d. Arthur Fowler
19. Which of these men is not a fictional dad?
a. Joshua Nolan, Defiance
b. Michael Dawson, Lost
c. Martin Fitzgerald, Without a Trace
d. Peter Florrick, The Good Wife
20. Mr Bennet was the father in which Jane Austen novel?
a. Mansfield Park
b. Sense and Sensibility
d. Pride and Prejudice
Fathers Day trivia quiz – answers:
1. d. Jake / 2. b. Lawyer / 3. a. Denise / 4. c. The Flash / 5. c. 3 / 6. b. The Life I Lead / 7. a. Peter Griffin / 8. c. Andrew Martin, Ringer / 9. d. Hitler studies / 10. b. Gryffindor / 11. a. Insurance-related / 12. c. Motorbikes / 13. b. Randor / 14. b. The Holy Grail / 15. a. Alien Nation / 16. a. Friday / 17. b. Lester Burnham, American Beauty / 18. d. Arthur Fowler / 19. c. Martin Fitzgerald, Without a Trace / 20. d. Pride and Prejudice.
Image: Robert Couse-Baker