Use any of these 15 party drinking games and you’ll be guaranteed an unforgettable time.
They’re cheap too; other than the drink, you won’t need any props. So they’re perfect fun if you’re on a low budget.
Some of these party drinking games need playing cards, but that’s it.
Make sure you have enough players for these games to work – at least 3+ people. Anything less, and the game will lack thrills.
Party drinking games: page 1 > page 2
Drown the Clown
This is a card game needing an even number of players. Deal each player a card face down, that’s turned over with everyone else’s on the count of three.
- If your card is the same number as another player’s, point to that person as fast as possible and shout “clown".
- The last player to say it has to drink the value of the card.
- If a player points to another but there is no match, they drink two drinks.
Word Drinking Game
Pick a word no one is allowed to say – and whoever says it has to drink. You don’t have to choose complex words – choose common ones, such as “it", “and" or “so".
- Alternatively, ban the words “no" or “yes". That way, you can start tripping players up, by asking yes/no questions.
This party drinking game’s a fun bonding game, with everyone taking turns to quiz one another.
The first questioner calls out another player by name and asks them a yes/no question, which must be answered immediately.
This answerer then asks another player a question, without pausing. Their question needs to be different to the previous one.
The game is played fast and snappy. Any hesitation, or laughing before answering, is not allowed. Neither is taking too long to think up a question.
- The punishment? Drink a beer.
Need a drinking game for Christmas?
- Check out this insane Santa drinking dance game!
Line up six empty cups in a row, making sure they’re different sizes (e.g. a tankard, a shot glass, a tea cup). Each cup is designated a number, 1 through 6.
- Someone begins the game, by rolling one dice. The number they throw will correspond with a cup.
- Fill this cup to the top with beer for the player to chug down fast.
- When they’re done, another person takes the dice.
Once this party drinking game’s underway, you may find players hoping they’ll get the smallest cup.
…is another fun way to get to know everyone. Each person takes turns to create a real-life statement that starts with “I’ve never…".
For example, if you’ve never traveled by sea, you simply say “I’ve never been on a boat". Anyone around the table who has been on a boat has to drink.
The goal of the game is to think of a statement where the group will drink all at the same time.
Take a deck of cards and deal them evenly between players, making sure the cards are face down.
- Each person takes turns flipping over a card and adding it to a pile.
- If the next card flipped is the same number as the previous card, players need to say “snap" before everyone else does.
- The last person to say “snap" takes a drink. Only they drink like this:
One shot, if the card number is 2 to 6; two, if 7 to 10; three, if it’s a Jack, Queen, King or Ace.
Continue the game, until all cards are flipped.
This game’s similar to Beer Snap.
This time, whenever the next card flipped matches the previous card’s number (known in this game as a Connection), both players drink the value of the cards.
- For example, two sevens thrown? That’s seven drinks. Jacks, Queens and Kings here count as 10, an Ace as 11.
If a connection is made twice, everyone in the group drinks the value of the card.
This party drinking game’s played against the clock, is a game of pressure, and involves spelling.
Someone begins the game by saying the full name of a celebrity.
The next player now has 30 seconds to pick another celebrity name, using the letter of the previous person’s surname.
For example, if I started with “Justin Timberlake", the next player could say “Tom Hanks".
If a player picks a person where the first and last name start with the same letter (e.g. Tina Turner), the game direction reverses.
The drinking starts, when a player can’t think of a name immediately, and must keep drinking until they do.
Keep playing, until the game has gone round three times. The pressure is on, for players to get the most names they can to win.
Last image: Bernt Rostad